International Student Orientation
Welcome to UCR!
We are excited to have you join our Highlander community at UC Riverside. This year, we have had to make changes to our International Student Orientation (ISO).
For Winter 2021, we will be moving to an online orientation. ISO 2021 will consist of pre-orientation events, self-paced modules, some live online sessions and plenty of opportunities to connect with your peers!
- View our Pre-Arrival Webinar here :
- Register for the winter ISO here
- Date: December 18, 2020
- Time: 4:00p.m. Pacific Time
- Learn how to utilize all of the resources in the UCR Library with a presentation from Judy Lee, the University Programs Teaching Librarian
- View UCR’s APRU Virtual Student Exchange (VSE) Program workshops here .
- UCR EAP Reciprocity Exchange Students: Attend the EAP reciprocity student meeting.
- Date: December 10, 2020
- Time: 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Orientation details for all students will be sent to your R'Mail email account, so please check that account regularly.
New International Undergraduates ONLY (Freshman and Transfer students):
- New international undergraduate students must register for International Student Orientation here , and
- New international undergraduate freshman and transfer students must also register for an available Highlander Orientation session ( orientation.ucr.edu ).
New International Graduate Students ONLY:
- Register for International Student Orientation here , and
- International graduate students may also have orientation sessions from Graduate Division and their academic department. Contact your academic program for more information.
International Student Orientation At-A-Glance:
The countdown to the International Student Orientation for Winter 2021 is on! The International Student Orientation At-A-Glance Schedule is now available online.
If you have any questions, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at +1 (951) 827-4113.
To view photos from the Fall 2019 International Student Orientation, visit our Facebook page .
International Student Orientation Winter 2021
The University of California, Riverside (UCR) International Students and Scholars team would like to welcome you to our International Student Orientation (ISO). It is our sincere hope that during your time here, you will come to see the UCR as your “home away from home.” Through ISO, you will learn important information about UCR, establish long-lasting friendships, get valuable advice for achieving success, and so much more.
Attendance for ISO is mandatory for all new International students.
December 17, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time
Undergraduate Students: $65
Graduate/EAP Students: $20
**International Student Orientation fees will be automatically billed to your UCR Winter 2021 Statement of Account.
For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
If I registered for Highlander Orientation, do I still have to register for the International Student Orientation?
Yes, ALL incoming international students are required to register for and attend the International Student Orientation. ISO is designed specifically for international students and will cover important information about your immigration and SEVIS status, employment opportunities, academic success in the U.S. and other cross-cultural information. This is not covered in Highlander Orientation, which is why we require all international students to attend ISO.
If I deferred my admission to another quarter, am I still required to attend Fall International Student Orientation?
If you have already deferred your admission to another quarter and will not be a registered student this quarter, you are not required to attend International Student Orientation. Depending on UCR's plans for the future quarters, we will be adjusting our International Student Orientation plans. You will have the opportunity to register for and attend ISO in the future quarter.