J-1 Scholars Pre-Departure
Application Process at UCR
This document describes the specific application process for UCR J-1 scholars.
This link explains the documents required for a visa appointment in your home country in detail.
The following is required upon arrival at UCR.
- Appointment letter
- DS-7002 [J-1 Student Intern only]
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of dependents' passport, if accompanying J-1 applicant
- Financial support income documentation from home institution if not financially supported by UCR
- Proof of health insurance
- I-901 (http://www.fmjfee.com)
Our Pre-arrival PowerPoint contains information about arranging for travel, locating housing in Riverside, purchasing health insurance, and the UC Riverside ID card.