OAP Application Instructions and Deadlines
Steps to apply for Opportunities Abroad Program (OAP)
- Complete your Student Profile on MyUCR Abroad. UCR students log in with your NetID. Non-UCR students will need to register on MyUCR Abroad first.
- Attend an Information Session (required). Sign up in MyUCR Abroad, or you may find dates/times in our Events Calendar on MyUCR Abroad.
- Research OAP programs on MyUCR Abroad.
- Attend an OAP Application Workshop. Please bring the following information to the OAP Application Workshop:
- Name of the other UC or non-UC organization.
- Name of the other UC or non-UC program.
- Tentative start and end dates.
- Name of institution that will generate your transcript. A transcript can be generated by an international university or US university. Your OAP provider will have this information.
- Be prepared to print out the course descriptions or syllabi of the courses you want to take.
- You will complete the following during the Application Workshop:
- Planned Opportunities Abroad Agreement (to be signed by your department, Dean of your school/college, and the Education Abroad Advisor).
- Academic Planning (so you can receive academic credit for coursework completed abroad).
- Consortium/Contractual agreement (so you can receive financial aid).
- Waiver of Liability.
- Use the "Search Programs" tab on MyUCR Abroad to choose your program. Then click the "Apply For" button and choose the term you would like to go abroad.
- Complete the online application. You may email us at EducationAbroad@ucr.edu with questions.
- Apply directly to the other UC or non-UC program. Proceed to the other program’s website to begin your secondary application.
- If your OAP Application requires documentation that needs to be signed or certified by an Education Abroad Advisor, an advisor will be available to complete your documents on Mondays, from 3:00 - 4:30pm or on the deadline day from 8:30am - 4:30pm.
Questions? Please email us at EducationAbroad@ucr.edu or attend the required OAP Application Workshop.