FLEAP Application Instructions, Process, and Deadlines
- UC and non-UC students are welcome to apply. See here for more information from Summer Sessions.
- Participants must be 18 years or older.
- Must be in good academic standing:
- GPA of 2.0 or above.
- Not on any academic or disciplinary probation.
- Must have permission from the lead UCR faculty member to be enrolled in the program.
Faculty Led Education Abroad Program (FLEAP) Application Instructions
Applications for the Summer 2020 term are open now. Visit MyUCR Abroad and search for FLEAP to apply today!
If you do not have a current U.S. passport, please initiate the process to obtain or renew your passport immediately. If you have a non-U.S. passport, please consult with your local embassy for travel restrictions or authorizations such as visas. International students, please refer to the appropriate section of the Traveling Internationally section on the Maintaining or Extending your Visa page.
- Explore current and former courses to get a sense of which program might be the best fit for you.
- Discuss your options with your professors and academic advisors.
Attend an Information Session
- Sign up for an Info Session in MyUCR Abroad.
If you still have questions, schedule an advising appointment.
- Come see us in person in Skye Hall, Room 321. You can schedule an advising appointment in advance by emailing email@example.com or stop by during office hours (8:00am - 5:00pm).
Complete the online FLEAP application.
- Complete the FLEAP application in our online system MyUCR Abroad.
Submit a $300 deposit* with the cashier's office in Student Business Services.
- *We will give you your deposit money back if you are not accepted, there are no seats left in your course, or if your course is canceled. Otherwise, the deposit will be applied to program fees and is not refundable if you choose to withdraw.
- This deposit is necessary to secure your spot in the course. We process applications once we receive a deposit. We then approve successful applicants on a first-come, first-served basis and popular courses fill up quickly.
- To make sure we’re giving you the best experience possible, we cap the number of students for each class. If we reach the maximum number of students before you’re accepted, you will not be able to attend the course, but we’ll help you try to get into another FLEAP or education abroad program.
- If a minimum number of students has not applied to a course by the deadline, we may cancel that course. If the FLEAP program you select is cancelled, we’ll give you back your deposit or apply it to any outstanding balance you may have for a FLEAP or any other Education Abroad program.
- After the program fees are posted online, please pay your $300 application fee through the campus cashier's office in Student Business Services (make certified checks payable to UC Regents). Please refer to the payment instructions section on the Finances page for step-by-step instructions on how to pay the deposit.
Student Information Packet
Once we have the minimum number of students for a course, and you have been accepted, we will email you an information packet with additional materials to help prepare for your trip.
This packet includes:
- Form: Student Conduct Agreement for UCR students
- Form: Student Disciplinary Clearance for Non-UCR students
- Form: Photo Release and Emergency Protocol
- Form: Waiver of Liability
- Form & Instructions: Health Clearance, includes
- Personal Health History
- Health & Mental Health Screening
- Instructions: Student Budget Worksheet
- Instructions: Passport Copy and 1 photo (2x2, white background) for your ISIC insurance card
Once you receive the Student Information Packet, please start completing the forms and gathering the requested information.
Faculty Led Education Abroad Program (FLEAP) Deadlines
Popular courses fill up quickly. The sooner you apply and submit your deposit, the better your chances of attending the course you want.
Summer 2020 Programs:
|October 2019||Application period opens.|
|January 2 – March 20, 2020||Student Business Services will accept your $300 deposit. See payment instructions here.|
|March 20, 2020||Application period closes.|
|June 1, 2020||Student Information Packet due to Education Abroad at Skye Hall Room 321.|
We’re here for you! Please reach out.
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Mail or In Person:
UCR Education Abroad
900 University Avenue
Skye Hall, Room 321
Riverside, CA 92521
By Phone: (951) 827-4113
By Fax: (951) 827-2618